Thursday, January 11, 2018

It’s 2018 and I’m back in Sierra Leone after a cold but fun two week break in The Netherlands with family. I wonder what this year has in store for me. I have some hopes and dreams but I also have many questions and things to ponder. Don't we all. Some of these dreams I’ve had for a very long time...

So, 2018. What will this year hold? Am I the only one who never seems to know what I want in life? “When I grow up I want to be a...” Wait a minute I am grown up. Well, there are days that I really don’t know what I want in life and I don’t feel very grown up at all. The good thing is, we never have to have it all figured out. 

What I do know is that right now, I’m in the right place, doing the right thing. And I’m trusting that if I need to head in a different direction at some point, it will be made clear - I will know when to move on and where to move on to. For now, I am staying put. And trusting God. 

Life is busy. Work is busy. There’s an abundance of disease and never a shortage of patients. Today on my first day back I was in the clinic on my own. Seeing 54 patients. There were a surprising number with malaria and a lot with gastroenteritis. One child tested positive for HIV, while another had to be reminded of the importance of taking preventative medication due to his sickle cell disease. There’s never a dull moment. And, just to keep me on my toes, last month I started a distance learning Masters in Public Health. Yes, it’s busy. 

Let’s see where 2018 takes me...


#2018makeitcount #alwaysanadventure #actjustlylovemercywalkhumbly #sierraleone

No comments:

~ Act Justly. Love Mercy. Walk Humbly. micah 6:8 ~